  From: Dale Leavens
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 11:03 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Tuck Pointing?

  This sounds to me like a parging mixture intended to cover old concrete. I am
guessing the function of the salt and the soap flakes is to help the stuff
stick to the old concrete. Quarter of a cup of rock salt in a couple of cubic
feet of cement isn't much and I notice there isn't any aggregate. This is more
or less a lime whitewash. I wonder how well it stays on?