From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Bob Kennedy
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 09:56
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Workshop Vac

In buying a shop vac it's a lot handier to have a wet dry model. I'm a
bigger is better guy so I'd say don't buy one of the smaller models that
will fill up and have to be emptied all the time.

I have a 16 gallon model that I've had for about 8 years now. It has sucked
floods out of carpets, water out of cars with open windows after rain storms
and so much more. I can't say I've ever used it for gutters though. I think
it would work if none of the attachments were used. But remember you have to
figure out a way to hold it while you use it and that won't be easy. They
are on wheels so you can't set it on the roof, the junk in the gutters is
heavy and it will get heavy on the ladder and trying to work the hose at the
same time. So I'd have to go against recommending a shop vac for gutter
clean up.

I believe Lowes carries the Shop Vac brand, and Home Depot carries the
Ridgid brand. I bought Ridgid for the lifetime warranty but I understand
they no longer offer that warranty. It's still a great tool for over all
clean up.