They called it the phone excise tax refund. I believe it was a over charge.
Here is the IRS web site on it.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=164032,00.html
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Spiro
  To: :
  Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:50 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] info needed

  Hi,
  I really can't remember what list I found the requested info. But I need
  it and am trying what I can to find it.
  Please, if you can, help me out.

  There was a tax break, having to do with phone bills.
  Government, something, reduced or determined it was to high or something,
  there were limits or one could itemize.
  If anyone can find that article it would be a great help.
  I had it I passed it along and now there is a question.
  Please send the article or or functional info.
  Thanks
  Oh, and "please".
  :)