My daughter has a 1998 corolla. The shift indicator light is burned out.
Anyone have any idea how to change it? I can not locate any screws on the
console. There is a snap piece of plastic around the shift handle but when
it is removed there is nothing exposed that will give me access.
We also need to replace the dome light. It does not come on when  any door
is opened. I tried to clean the switch at the light and it did not help.
When you remove the screw holding the switch handle in there is a very small
ball bearing that makes contact activating a steady on light, no light or
door activation. I think that the only way to fix it is to replace. Tomorrow
I will call some auto grave yards a new oem part I suspect will be very
expensive. I located an after market led light for $40. Just not sure how
well it will fit.

Please visit my home page; it is motivational, inspirational and humorous
with many resources for the blind.
http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/
Lenny

http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29
Or

http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/

If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following address
for more information:
http://www.jaws-users.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Groups Links