Yes, the gardener is responsible, but I offered to first pay for the
window replacement, and then tried to split the cost with him, and he
insists he will pay for it. I've had this gardener for most of 19
years and he's just a nice man. I don't know how he survives on the
amount of money he charges, but I usually have banana bread or
cookies to give him when he does the yard. Not only is he paying for
it, he's going to make all of the arrangements to get the window
fixed. Yes, I do live a charmed life according to my friends. The
gardener has some large accounts to do, office complexes, 7 11, and a
couple others, so for his longtime customers, he doesn't raise his
rates but his family gets lots of goodies.
My husband is a retired photographer and graphic designer so he does
some work for the gardener, taking pictures of his hula group and
turning them into large posters.
Probably much more than you wanted to know...
Betsy