Hi All

Well we found on our last holidays that we had to dig a hole for the jockey
wheel so we could get the caravan level from front  to back.

So I had a spare mule type jockey wheel which I removed the eight inch solid
rubber wheel and the bolt on outer hub.

I then cut off both the vertical yoke arms which held on the wheel, which
then left me with a flat piece  of steel welded onto the adjustable stem.

Now I drilled two holes through this flat piece of steel which matched two
opposite holes in the hub I took off the wheel.

Then bolted this hub onto this, so now I have an  adjustable stem with a six
inch diameter disc on the bottom.

As this area we camp on is very sandy I also cut a piece of wood  so if it
sinks into the sand to much I can place the wood underneath giving a wider
surface area for support.

You also have to take pieces of wood so if the caravan is not level from
side to side place these under the tire on one side .

This may involve jacking up the van on that side then placing the wood
underneath.

Once in position lock on the manual brake so it does not move then drop the
corner supports so it is solid or as solid as possible.

I cut some 12 x 2 hardwood up 14 inches long and  cut some bevels on each
end with my power planer, then painted them so they clean up easier after
use.

I always take along a sprit level so we have the caravan perfectly level,
and the fridge manufacturer  recommends that for maximum performance this is
so.

Ray