From: "Dale Leavens" <dleav...@puc.net>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] power drain cleaning story

Something like 25 years ago I was remodeling a building for a clinic. Some
of this involved rearranging washrooms and of course old drains which were
not draining. Some "highly respected" expert was brought in with his
rotorouter and all stood around in fascination as he snaked down the old
toilet hole describing as he went how he could feel the snake turn left out
of the building then left again toward the street then meeting some
resistance .. . .

About three or four minutes into the process there was a shattering sound
behind the wall and a thrashing. Turns out there was a toilet on the other
side of the partition feeding into the same common drain. His snake went
down one hole and right back up the other largely destroying the washroom in
the facility at the rear of the building. thankfully the unit was nothing
more than a store house for a contractor in the next building and no one was
sitting on the throne at the time.

My skepticism at the time about the intelligence of the operating fingers
and their sensitive touch has not improved with that experience or the
passage of time since.

If I was Han Solo I'd probably pet my wookie