  From: clifford
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:51 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] my notions about gutters

  Dear List Members:
  My gutters are rarely iced over, as Hillbilly country only gets snow in
significant amounts about one out of three years.
  Listening to some of the posts relating to ice problems, I recall the heat
tape which is used to wrap above ground water lines, here in this area. I am
wondering how effective electrical heat tape would be to thaw
  the gutters and keep them running?
  I have also wondered about the feasibility of installing a light weight
auger, similar to a widely spaced coil spring, which would be used to pull the
material which ends up in the gutter, in to a grinder located at the end of the
gutter at the down spout. I am enjoying the process of cleaning gutters less
and less as I mature. It would be nice to simply hit a button to clean the
gutters.

  Yours Truly,

  Clifford Wilson

database 4885 (20100221) __________