Hi All

Well I changed the rollers in the bottom of our glass sliding door yesterday
and it turned out to be more difficult than I thought.

The problem was not getting them out but because the hold down screw hole in
the new roller brackets had No screw thread in it this is what holds the
bracket to the frame of the door and without it there is nothing to hold it
in , apparently that is how they are now.

We fisted two large hardware stores and these rollers are all the same in
design.

So I drilled out this hole and used a larger screw and a square nut which
fitted inside the bracket  to hold these rollers to the bottom of the door.

Then I lowered   the rollers up inside the frame with the adjusting screw so
I could lit the door back into the track, then tilted the door slightly so I
could adjust the rollers down so the dor could slide.

By adjusting these rollers you can square up the door and after all this the
door now works like it should.

Can anyone explain how these brackets can be held under the door without
using these unscrewed holes, for when you buy these rollers there is no
additional  screws or clips of any kind which come in the packet.

Ray