i can get the handle off i hav looked to see if thair is any rounding of the
corners on the shaft.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Kennedy
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:05 AM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] ergent help neded

  Are you able to get to the screws that hold the handle in place? That would
be the easiest way.

  Beyond that, you will need to play around and cause the latch to retract
enough to let the door open.

  Popping the latch can be a problem depending on your skill level. I have used
old credit cards and butter knives before. I have some thin sheet metal that
works well because it has some spring to it.

  As a last resort you can always knock out the hinge pins and lift the door
out of the jam.