Aloha Everyone,
All seems to be well right now. The ocean is still receeding and then
surging back in, but nothing to radical so far. We figure we have a
few more hours before we'll feel totally safe.

Sheryl, our member from Honolulu, and I who live in Hilo on the big
island of Hawaii, were smart enough not to live in a tsunami zone. I
live about 1,600 feet up a mountain. Our only concern besides the
poor folks who live near the water, is whether or not enough damage
would occur that we wouldn't be able to get supplies into Hawaii,
like food and gasoline.

They closed our airport in Hilo because one of the evacuation routes
is across the runways. Thanks for the kind wishes,
Betsy