Bill, I would agree with you! Though there has not been much of a need for
my snow blower this year. I use it all the time!!
The first one that I learned on to do my 75 foot incline driveway,
black-topped and the 120 feet of brick sidewalk was a Snow King, it was a 18
horse power and large cage for grinding snow. With the four gears forward
and 2 reverse, a crank for changing the direction of the snow to fly. Along
with a set of half rubber half tracks instead of wheels! After  14 years of
wonderful work I retired it to my son's, Erik, for him to help his Mother
and her country home. I bought this year a Snapper 18 HP a little different
but after three times of one the shop buying from and twice my son Norman I
grasp all the controls on the panel between the handles. Yet as said, sadly,
we have only received to this date 48 inches of snow. Where normally we
would be up to 6 feet of snow for the season. So the snow blower only used
twice. So the only thing I would say if a person has a problem with
direction, might have an issue. The other is with the electric ones? It
would be a way to keep track of that cord!!
Geno