Thanks.

From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Bob Kennedy
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 10:05 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] My mistake has turned into a puzzle

Everything I've read says water based poly looks milky and can dry milky.

There is a chance it's the temperature in the room. If chilly it can cause a
drying problem.

One thing you can try that won't cause a big problem if it doesn't work.
Take a hair dryer and run it over an area that looks milky. You'll probably
need the wife to help here. See if the milky look goes away as you run the
dryer. Don't hold it real close because you can damage the finish if it gets
too hot. Just fan the dryer back and forth and keep a hand between the dryer
and the surface as a sort of digital indicator. Just touch the wood from
time to time and make sure it's not drawing into a giant bubble or
something. Your wife should be able to see if the milky or cloudy look goes
away or if you are wasting your time.