  From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]on Behalf Of Don H
  Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 6:15 PM
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Roots In Water Line

  I am assuming that you are speaking of a sewer line and not a water line.
  Doing the salt thing doesn't help a lot. Copper Sulfate works better if
you
  can find a source for it. The best thing to do is figure out where the
pipe
  is cracked or broken and repair it. I once had a sewer line that had a
very
  small crack in it that allowed a root not much bigger than a pencil lead
  into the pipe. That little root then completely filled a five inch pipe
  completely full of roots for over six feet.

  _____