Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] airconditioners
From: Dan Rossi <d...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: 07/01/2010 09:49

Alan,

A ductless system is a great way to get something like central air in a
house that does not have a forced air heating system.  My house uses hot
water radiators, so I do not have ducts already installed.  To install a
ducted system would be a very difficult retro-fit.  A ductless system is
much easier, because you only need to run small coolant lines rather than
large ducts through the house.  You could even run them on the outside of
the house.  So it is a much simpler retro-fit if you want AC in multiple
rooms without having to use several window air conditioners.

Also, since the compressor is separate from the chillers, it is much much
quieter in the rooms than window air conditioners are.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi