I've also seen machines with a piece of trim on the front just below the top
panel which slides sideways and comes off, thus revealing inset screws

And I've seen an old sears where you had to remove screws from
the back, thus allowing the top to slide forward a bit and hinge up.

When you put these sheet metal screws back in,, be sure to turn them
counterclockwise a turn or so after seating there points in the metal holes.
this helps fit them into there original threads, and avoids stripping.

And for gads sake unplug the 220 power before mucking around in there with
your little blind haptors!
good luck

Tom Fowle