Some years ago when I was still living in Wheaton, IL. the freezer in my
refrigerator had the same problem, this was one of those frigs with the main
storage on top and the freezer compartment on the bottom.  What had happened
is my dear departed Carol had not quite shut the freezer door tightly
enough, allowing some ice build-up to form and clogging the drain hose.  I
had to use a hair dryer to remove the ice build-up and I don't recall how I
got the ice out of the drain hose.  Point being though, not closing the door
tightly can cause this problem, but it compounds because if the drain hose
also freezes then water (from melt) will pool in the freezer compartment and
then also freeze.

Good news though, it isn't all that hard to rectify.
----
Holland's Person, Bill
E-Mail: billgal...@centurytel.net
- The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!