I think that is why he is suggesting only removing the middle of the
chimney, don't have to deal with the roof issues and such.  I think that
removing the entire thing would get to be more of a project than we really
want to invest in this tiny house.  I'd rather keep the whole thing than
remove the whole thing.

The contractors point of view was that the weight of the upper part of the
chimney isn't all on the ceiling joists because it is all mortared
together.  My point is that mortar isn't forever, and it isn't great in
tention.

I think it is more work and cost than we really want to do.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi