  From: Michael baldwin
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 12:03 PM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] PEX?

  Sounds like an interesting concept.
  Never heard of it before, but around here with electric rates averaging
  $0.07 to $0.08 per KW, conserving electricity isn't a big deal.
  You must have some bad water. i know people on wells that are on 30 years
  on their water heater, they have only replaced the elements, and have no
  filtration system.
  Soften water can shorten the life of a water heater to.
  have you tried replacing the anode every year or two
  have you thought of having the return end of the pump connect with your
  furthest hot water supply? this would give you almost instant hot water,
  because it would keep hot water in your hot water supply lines. Insulate
  the pipes good, and should be a good energy saver, and a water saver. You
  won't be waiting several seconds or longer for hot water to reach your
  faucets. Then you only have the one connection to your water heater to
  worry about when you replace it.

  have fun.

  Michael

  _____