Hi Blink community,

Our current policy for participation in Origin Trials requires participants
to submit feedback through a standard survey questionnaire 6 weeks after
registration, in order for their token to remain valid
<http://googlechrome.github.io/OriginTrials/developer-guide.html#21-what-does-the-valid-until-date-mean-for-my-tokens>
for
the duration of the trial (example
<https://developer.chrome.com/origintrials/#/register_trial/1196831600973709313:~:text=We%E2%80%99ll%20periodically%20ask%20you%20for%20specific%20feedback%20on%20your%20use%20of%20the%20feature.%20Your%20feedback%20will%20help%20us%20figure%20out%20if%20the%20feature%20is%20useful%2C%20how%20it%20could%20be%20improved%2C%20and%20if%20it%20should%20eventually%20become%20a%20standardized%20part%20of%20the%20web%20platform.>).
This is separate from the feature feedback link included in every trial
page (example
<https://developer.chrome.com/origintrials/#/view_trial/1196831600973709313>
).

After a series of user interviews with a number of Origin Trial
stakeholders last year, we came to realize that the value of the former
feedback has been very limited and the additional obstacle to continued
trial participation needlessly confuses users. Last September we asked
the Blink API owners to remove this requirement and they approved this
plan. We will proceed with making the necessary changes to the Origin
Trials service and documentation in about a week.

Trial participants should continue to provide feedback through the existing
feature feedback link (which often leads to the GitHub issues for the
feature repo), and this will also be mentioned in the updated Origin Trials
notification emails.

Enjoy the decreased friction in your trial participation and let me know if
you have more ideas for things we can improve.

Thanks,
Panos