Thank you all! I will proceed cautiously. A few comments below...

On Tue, May 21, 2024 at 6:37 AM Mike Taylor <miketa...@chromium.org> wrote:

> I had a slight concern about the quilljs usage - even though they've
> minted a new version, we know that getting sites to update is a major
> hurdle. That said, after reading through the comments and linked issues on
> upstream repos (react-quill, etc) - nobody seems to be describing any
> breakage, they just want the warning to go away. :)

I agree that in *all* of the cases where I've seen public issues discussing
this, it was just users saying there was a funny warning that made them
uncomfortable, not reporting something "broken". Which is good on two
fronts: 1) things might not break, and 2) console warnings do work
sometimes!

> On 5/20/24 1:09 AM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
>
> LGTM2. This is extremely exciting. I hope that in a year, the deprecation
> process is fully complete, and we get to enjoy deleting a lot of
> code/specs/maybe tests.
>
> I look forward to deleting that code/spec also! That's the dopamine reward
at the end of all painful deprecations.

> I agree with your instinct to go to 100% directly with the 127 release.
>
> Thanks.

> On Mon, May 20, 2024 at 12:18 AM Philip Jägenstedt <foo...@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
>> In https://github.com/WebKit/standards-positions/issues/192 the point is
>> made that there are other events that fire with the same timing as mutation
>> events, so this removal doesn't unblock everything. Nevertheless, I share
>> the assessment that mutation events "significantly increase the complexity
>> of adding new features to the Web"  so if removal is within reach I think
>> we should go for it. From
>> https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/807 it's clear
>> that there is enthusiasm beyond the Chromium project too.
>>
> The team working on the "state preserving atomic moves" API has managed to
navigate around all of the other such synchronous events, leaving only
mutation events in their way. So I actually do believe this removal
unblocks a new, cool API that is in the works this year.

> Rolling this out with Finch is definitely prudent, and I agree with the
>> argument for going directly to 100% in 127 to make for a less confusing
>> debugging experience.
>>
> Thanks. At least two votes for straight-to-100%, so that's what I'll do.

> LGTM1 to this plan, while being ready to adapt to things that come up in
>> the process.
>>
> I will definitely be very careful in rolling this out.

Thanks,
Mason