To disable sending PUBLISH you can edit the configuration file ~/.blink and add
this section:

           +-- enabled = False
presence --|
           +

Indentation is critical make a backup of the file in case something goes wrong
during or with the editing.

Alternatively you can install sipclients3 package from the same repository as
blink, it contains a utility called sip-settings that can edit correctly blink
configuration file:

sip-settings3 -c ~/blink -a set presence.enabled=False

Regards,
Adrian