I have linux-mint almost working accessibly. What's missing is orca talking during a login. Is there anything I can do with gsettings to make this happen? With linux-mint hitting the super key brings up the apps and puts you in a text box for searching. hit tab then right arrow and you end up in the list of apps on the system and use up and down arrows to select the app and enter to run the app. The accessibility section of linux-mint is messed up since it doesn't know orca screen reader has already been installed and asks users to install orca screen reader but that's all it does.

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016, Paul Merrell wrote:

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 22:42:19
From: Paul Merrell <mar...@gmail.com>
To: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: linux-mint findings

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 7:17 AM, Jude DaShiell <jdash...@panix.com> wrote:
I got some sighted assistance and here's what I found out so far.

If you try turning orca with alt-f2 orca, the welcome screen comes up and
turns the screen reader off for you, so turn it back on again.

At least with the Mate desktop, the Mint welcome screen has a checkbox
in the lower right corner to turn off the display of that screen on
startup. It can still be accessed through Main Menu > Control Center.

Best regards,

Paul