It is developed in arch but there is no reason  why it shout not work in other
distros.  if there is a Problem  let me know for sure its fixable.
https://github.com/chrys87/ocrdesktop/blob/master/README.md

After installing the dependencys  you can just call the file or copy it to
/usr/bin.
Best practise is to invoke it via shortcut. It creates an screenshot of the
current  focused Applikation  and does OCR.
https://linux-a11y.org/index.php?page=ocrdesktop

Cheers Chrys

Am Donnerstag 18. Mai 2017 schrieb Linux for blind general discussion:
> Does this work under Ubuntu, or just Arch?
>

> On 05/18/2017 06:20 AM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > OCRdesktop  can used for that job.
> > https://linux-a11y.org/index.php?page=ocrdesktop
> >
> > Cheers chrys
> >
> > Am Donnerstag 18. Mai 2017 schrieb Linux for blind general discussion:
> >> Right now when I type at the terminal
> >> wine some_windows_program.exe
> >> I get a non-talking interface. If anyone is using wine, how do you
> >> configure it?
> >>
> >> Amanda

  • Wine? Linux for blind general discussion
    • Re: Wine? Linux for blind general discussion