well, there are several distr.'s that have accessibility built in and ready to
go right from the start.

Ubuntu, Vinux, Slax (A version of slack ware) and a few others. I use Ubuntu
here and I can do the entire install without sighted assistance right from boot
up.

SInce you are new, there are some preset configurations that might work for you
and those will be listed in the install matrix. I am an old hand and often
change those to meet my needs at the time.

anyway, I hope this helps (even a little).

-eric