Hey all,

 I bought an HP Envy laptop about a month ago and installed Ubuntu 16.04. Once
I began using it I ran into some issues. The first is the unresponsiveness of
Orca. When I am trying to select text to copy or cut it to the clip board Orca
does not speak. Also when I am entering commands at the console Orca loses
focus of the prompt and it will not allow me to type. I have to switch back and
forth from the Desktop and the terminal window several times to get Orca to
gain focus of the prompt.

Has anyone else had these issues with Ubuntu and Orca? I have no choice on
using Ubuntu 16.04 but if there is a way to install other tools to make the
Ubuntu experience better I would be open to some suggestions. Thanks
Bryan Duarte | software engineer

ASU Computer Science Ph.D Student
IGERT Fellow
Alliance for Person-centered Accessible Technology (APAcT)
Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing (CUbiC Lab)
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona | Affiliate Board Member
National Association of Blind Students | Board Member
Arizona Association of Blind Students | President
Phone: 480-652-3045