Hello Janina,

Thanks for this reply with all your feedback. I guess I did not really pose the
question correctly. I have used VMware Fusion, Virtualbox, and Parallels on my
Mac. The set up was not the question I had. Someone said they use a virtual
Machine running Linux on their Mac because Mac is not capable of doing what
Linux is. My question was more directed to this person on how did they do what
they needed to do on Linux through a virtual machine on a Mac? I use Mac every
day and have for over a decade now and I know it is capable of doing whatever I
need it to with no issue. What I am not able to do is use Linux through a
virtual machine. The commands necessary to interact with Orca will double as
system commands with or with out Voiceover enabled. Even if you map the Insert
modifier which a Mac does not have to the caps lock key Orca still requires
commands which will exit you from the VM window.

If in fact someone is able to use a virtual machine on a Mac completely trhough
the use of a screen reader I would really like to know how so I can configure
my machine to do the same. I have about five to seven AWS instances set up to
use for Linux but if I could get one running locally on my Mac in a VM I would
be very happy. Again I am not at all talking about the installing of the
virtual machine I am specifically talking about the configuration of the
machine to remain in focus when interacting through keyboard commands.
Bryan Duarte | software engineer

ASU Computer Science Ph.D Student
IGERT Fellow
Alliance for Person-centered Accessible Technology (APAcT)
Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing (CUbiC Lab)
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona | Affiliate Board Member
National Association of Blind Students | Board Member
Arizona Association of Blind Students | President
Phone: 480-652-3045