Hello,

Diider again,

Le 12/03/2018 à 15:48, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> So far as I can tell, slint appears to have a 2tb hard drive size limit. I
> tried it with a 3tb drive and hope I haven't permanently trashed the drive.
> What happens with slint is you set up a swap partition on the drive and a
> linux partition and it doesn't matter what you use to do it either.  Once
> done, you run setup and get the message that slint can't find any partitions
> on the hard drive.  I have a bad compatibility situation here since
> technology is 24 years old and back in those years all that was known about
> was bios, efi and uefi didn't exist then.  Last bios flash update for AMD k8
> athelon computers I think was 2006.  So, I'll see if I can rescue the 3tb
> drive with archlinux then go from there.
With MBR, the maximum disk size is 2 TB. It can work on larger disks, too, but
you won’t be able to use anything beyond the first 2 TB. However, this only
applies to disks with 512-byte sectors (because, incidentally, 512 byte * 2^32
= 2 TB).UEFI

To complete my previous answer it is a know limitation o DOS (aka MBR)
partition table, as quoted below:

With MBR, the maximum disk size is 2 TB. It can work on larger disks, too, but
you won’t be able to use anything beyond the first 2 TB. However, this only
applies to disks with 512-byte sectors (because, incidentally, 512 byte * 2^32
= 2 TB).

So, I'd try just replacing the DOS partition table by a GUID Partition Table
using gdisk (shipped in the installer).

In case you wonder, although GPT be mentioned in the UEFI specification it is
as far as I know possible to use a GPT with BIOS. At least that's worth trying.

Bests regards,

Didier