Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:13:51
From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@redhat.com>
To: blinux-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: slint 2tb limit

Hello,

Didier Spaier, Slint maintainer, here.

Le 12/03/2018 ? 15:48, Linux for blind general discussion a ?crit?:
So far as I can tell, slint appears to have a 2tb hard drive size limit. I
tried it with a 3tb drive and hope I haven't permanently trashed the drive.?
What happens with slint is you set up a swap partition on the drive and a linux
partition and it doesn't matter what you use to do it either.? Once done, you
run setup and get the message that slint can't find any partitions on the hard
drive.? I have a bad compatibility situation here since technology is 24 years
old and back in those years all that was known about was bios, efi and uefi
didn't exist then.? Last bios flash update for AMD k8 athelon computers I think
was 2006.? So, I'll see if I can rescue the 3tb drive with archlinux then go
from there.

I haven't such a big drive to check but am a bit surprised of such a limitation.

To help investigate, could you please start again the installer, then after log
in as root instead of running setup type this command, then post the output:
lsblk -o model,name,size,fstype

And also please post the output of this other command:
fdisk -l|grep ^/

That should allow me to understand why the installer doesn't see the partitions.

Best regards,

Didier