There are two subtle distinctions you're not catching.
First when a process gets killed and then replaced that process gives up
its original process id number and when the process is replaced, it gets
a new usually higher process id number.  Sometimes another process may
conflict with the lower process id number and screen-reader/orca getting
a higher number escapes that conflict.  So replace is absolutely
technically correct but you have to learn more about computer hardware
and computer software to understand that.  A college class on computer
hardware/software can help in this regard.