> On 3 Jan, 2019, at 11:38 pm, cloneman <bufferbl...@flamingpc.com> wrote:
>
> tl-dr; interesting to test weather interleave+FEC, a technology designed for
> layer 1 noise, can help with layer 3 ingress contention for resources.

I'm reasonably sure it has no effect on bufferbloat.  You're not even trying to
measure latency in your tests so far, only packet loss, which is completely
different.  Interleave would tend to increase baseline latency, but probably
has no effect on the queue.

Only changing the queue length, or inserting an AQM (which shortens the
*effective* queue length) would affect bufferbloat.

 - Jonathan Morton