Curious to why people keep calling capacity tests speed tests? A semi at 55 mph isn't faster than a porsche at 141 mph because its load volume is larger.

Bob
HNY Dave and all the rest,

Great to see yet another capacity test add latency metrics to the
results. This one looks like a good start.

Results from my Windstream DOCSIS 3.1 line (3.1 on download only, up
is 3.0) Gigabit down / 35Mbps up provisioning. Using an IQrouter Pro
(an i5 x86) with Cake set for 710/31 as this ISP can’t deliver
reliable low-latency unless you shave a good bit off the targets. My
local loop is pretty congested.

Here’s the latest Cloudflare test:

And an Ookla test run just afterward:

They are definitely both in the ballpark and correspond to other tests
run from the router itself or my (wired) MacBook Pro.

Cheers,

Jonathan