I think I'm being schedule to present iperf 2 to the FCC TAC sometime in January 2024. I'll know more soon.

I plan to have a hands on session, going over

o) WiFi/Broadband key latency technologies
o) Iperf 2 tooling and metrics, including bloat (in units of memory)
o) A WiFi diagnostics latency panel from a chip perspective
o) Suggested actions the FCC TAC can take to facilitate better in home wireless networks to support low latency needs of all Americans

The assumption is they realize that low latency is long overdue and that solutions are in the realm of today's engineering and, of course, nature's physics.

Bob
I would like to thank everyone that lept into making a contribution to
this document today! It is in much better shape than it was yesterday.
2 days to go!!!

Please comment on the document here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ADByjakzQXCj9Re_pUvrb5Qe5OK-QmhlYRLMBY4vH4/edit

If you like where the document is going, please put in your signature.
I will submit a final draft for global review a few hours before the
deadline.

I would also like to humbly thank Steve Crocker for contributing $500
to the gofundme drive for this effort. Steve is the author of the very
first RFC[1], which defined the processes by which the Arpanet and
internet were defined and refined, to this day. He made many other
fundamental contributions along the way. RFC1's history is well worth
reviewing:

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2015/04/46-years-of-rfcs-celebrating-the-anniversary-of-rfc-1/

I am hoping our efforts here, this week, lay a foundation for a much
better internet moving forward!

A huge thanks to all the other donors to date also! Aside from
gratitude I do not know what to say.  I sent "Tanya" my last "this
machine kills vogons" sticker, but I have new one - since I have
mellowed - that says "This Machine CURES Vogons"  - would anyone want
one of these?), bringing the sum to a magical $1111 as I write. This
is more than enough for a press release! When we did the successful
make-wifi-fast fcc fight, we also brought on board a media manager,
did some outreach, and my uni (karstaad) threw in for a plane ticket
to fly to Washington, and the total cost was about 12k all told.
Presently I plan to focus on getting a good document in by the
deadline, with as many signatures as possible, and do PR later.

gofundme link: https://gofund.me/c1f3ad18

PS I would also like to thank "robert" for throwing in $250 (via other
means), although I am not sure if he was throwing in to keep the flent
fleet alive or this effort.