Thx for getting back to us.

A specific question regarding your AP, is what wifi drivers were on
it? Many (but not enough) have the fq_codel fq+AQM algorithm on it,
notably all the openwrt based mt76, mt79, ath9k, ath10k, I think
ath11k, and iwl, as described in this paper:
https://www.cs.kau.se/tohojo/airtime-fairness/

A feature of this is some ECN support, which if triggered is a sure
fire way to know you have overshot and can back down to 5ms or so
delay.