Hi there,

I'm trying to set up a testbed to evaluate different AQM techniques using
docker containers.
My first idea to create congestion was to use netem. However I later came
across
https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Best_practices_for_benchmarking_Codel_and_FQ_Codel/
which discourages using netem. Since the document is from 2014 and also
states that "netem has been improving", my question was wether the current
netem has improved sufficiently to be used to get realistic results.
If netem has improved sufficienly, what would be the correct way to use
netem along fq, fq-codel or codel for example ?
If not, is HTB still the best way to perform rate limiting ? Is there a
prefered way to combine HTB with AQMs ?

Best regards

John