On Feb 22, 2007, at 3:30 AM, Egon Willighagen wrote:

I am looking for something like Spartan or Chem3d, something that will do rudimentary minimizations. It must also export PDB files. A nice GUI is
preferred as well."

Unfortunately, the closest thing I can imagine is ArgusLab at the moment. That's free-as-in-beer, not open source.

Of course I also recommended Ghemical, which now has a test Windows interface. And as many of you know, I'm working on Avogadro, which is a Qt-based molecular editor (and thus cross-platform). Avogadro isn't quite ready for prime time, but it promises to be really good. (Hey, I'm biased.)

Cheers,
-Geoff