> I think this way will be easier for clients and servers alike.

It would not be too difficult to support this in Bioclipse.

> If the link resolves to an RDF description or a GRDDL-able HTML page you
> could retrieve additional metadata as well.
>
> Any thoughts?

Yeah, I have seen CMLRSS used at more occassions to publish a full
database. I do not feel this appropriate use of CMLRSS. Maybe it is, but
running it on a large database is going to give problems.

I my view, the area of application of RSS and CMLRSS is news, either about
publishing new blog items or news headlines or new additions to
molecular/crystal databases.

For other applications, we need to look at true RDF.

Egon