A good article on the challenges of maintaining and Open Source project:

https://nolanlawson.com/2017/03/05/what-it-feels-like-to-be-an-open-source-maintainer/

I have mentioned the Blue Obelisk and Doctor Who in the discussion.

BTW I think I am getting back to reading chemistry from PDFs in the
literature, including diagrams. Anyone seriously interested i contributing
or sponsoring this please contact me.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader Emeritus in Molecular Informatics