OK, 967 lines. This now includes chiral bridgehead nitrogens and is just
missing a small piece of code for integrating M/P and seqCis/seqTrans into
Rule 4b. The algorithm is solid. No particular issues other than that. Does
not implement atom-number averaging for mancude rings, but does remove
Kekule dependencies for aromatic rings. This last bit required a slight
additional "friendly amendment" to Rule 1b, which I don't think was crafted
with aromatics in mind. Pseudocode is still pretty much the same as
initially described. There are no issues with multi-center dependencies.

Validates on the full 236-compound Chapter 9 validation suite from ACD/Labs
except:

var skip = ({27 229}) || // ignore -- BB has E/Z only; missing chirality
           ({95 96 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 108 109 110 111 112 200}) ||
// trigonal planar, square planar, or hypervalent
           ({32 33})  || // helicene
           ({212 213})|| // chiral conformation 1,4-benzene in a ring
           ({38})  || // ignoring -- Mancude for cyclopentadienyl -- will
require some thought
 ({170}) // failing (mixed Rule 4b)

In the process, I have found four erroneous assignments in IUPAC Blue Book
2013. These are being checked by IUPAC. There's actually quite a large
errata page for that book already.

With regards to an "Open" CIP -- I strongly suggest not going there. If you
are seriously interested in this, join/form an IUPAC project.

Bob

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900