Hi all,

I guess most people on this list have heard about Plan S. This Wednesday is
the deadline for a consultation by cOAlition S on their Guidance on the
Implementation of Plan S.

Plan S is about Open Access, but that does not mean publishing is isolated.
Particular our Blue Obelisk community knows that publications are not
isolated. They feed into open data, open source, open standards, not just
the other way around. Therefore, Open Access cannot be seen as a separate
thing. Yet, many arguments against Plan S are only about impact factors,
money, and personal benefits.

I want to see Open Science as the real goal of Plan S, but for that it
needs to be improved. The deadline for feedback is *this* Wednesday, so
help is urgently needed.

Please read what we wrote up this weekend, focusing on the three freedoms
of open research (reuse, modify, redistribute):

https://goo.gl/forms/jq6ZmnRnjHKBbyCT2

At
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14GycQnHwjIQBQrtt6pyN-ZnRlX1n8chAtV72f0dLauU/edit?usp=sharing
you can track who already signed. I hope to see your names soon.

I hope you share my wish to see Plan S put Open Science central and not as
some collateral benefit. The more people we get to sign, the more impact
this will have with cOAlition S partners.

So, please sign, and pretty please share with others.

Thanks,

Egon

--
Hi, do you like citation networks? Already 51% of all citations are
available <https://i4oc.org/> available for innovative new uses

-----
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT