> Taken over by new “management” recently I believe.  Not much explicit data
> either.

At least for a recent upload from my group, it seemed to be harder to link to
explicit data or upload than before.

The FigShare backend made it very easy to upload a bunch of files in addition
to the PDF.

The other problem is licensing. The default license has been CC-BY-ND-NC, which
I believe forbids text mining as a derived work, no?

There was a push to make CC-BY or CC-BY-NC the default, but I don't remember
seeing anything. It's a good reminder that I need to check the license of my
own group's preprints.

I have seen some discussion on ACS part to make more raw data available and
there was a survey from JACS .. I told them they need to make all experimental
data available in raw form. (Frankly it would save time for grad students who
have to format 100 pages of spectra into a PDF…)

-Geoff

---
Prof. Geoffrey Hutchison
Department of Chemistry