On Jul 18, 2011, at 11:36 PM, Jeremy McFarland wrote:

> I have a new-in-box RaQ4r from back in the day, I need something for
> MySQL5 and PHP5 development.
>
> I would like to ditch my Cobalt 6.0 OS and install the BlueOnyx setup
> onto my RaQ4r.
>
> Can I just plug into the RaQ4r like I would with a restore ISO, or do
> I need to flash the ROM first?
>
> Any help or links to more info would be appreciated.

Not for the faint of heart, but possible... I have one RaQ 4R with it installed
using a combination of the following pages (took me 4 trial and error attempts
to get it right):

http://www.mr-webcam.com/linux_help2.php
http://blog.tfbox.ca/strongbolt-upgrade-to-blue-onyx-on-cobalt-raq-3i

It requires a Strongbolt installer CD to initially get CentOS 4 onto the RaQ,
if you already have the ext3 kernel in your ROM and CentOS on your RaQ then you
can just continue from there...

You end up with an older kernel, unless you are good at compiling kernels for
RaQs.

HTH
Jeff