Hi Brian,

> On Dec 21, 2017, at 7:43 PM, Fungal Style <wa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> This may be a “no brainer” and I may have been doing this wrong for some
> time, with it working due to extra work done….
>
> Example
> I have:
> - 2 domains “xyz.com <http://xyz.com/>” and “abc.com <http://abc.com/>”
> - 2 (or more) servers
> - each server capable of dns with glue DNS records for primary and secondary

Sounds good.

> So lets say I set up the following glue records:
> Ns1.abc.com <http://ns1.abc.com/> 10.0.0.1
> Ns2.abc.com <http://ns2.abc.com/> 192.168.1.2

I assume you are using non-routable private addresses as an example?

> Now the next step I would need to do to get www.abc.com <http://www.abc.com/>
> to be a functional site on 10.0.0.1 would be to add the site under the “site
> management” tab for the virtual site of www.abc.com <http://www.abc.com/> and
> config mail, users, etc…. Then add the domain as a secondary for DNS on
> 192.168.1.2
>
> Next if I wanted to set up www.xyz.com <http://www.xyz.com/> on 192.168.1.2 I
> would set up the virtual site on 10.0.0.1 as I did forwww.abc.com
> <http://www.abc.com/> except put in the ip address of 192.168.1.2 under
> “basic settings” and set up a virtual site on 192.168.1.2 for the website,
> instead of entering a secondary dns entry.
>
> Would that be the most correct way to do this?

If both of these servers are BlueOnyx machines, you could put BOTH virtual
sites on either server, or one on each, as you describe. BlueOnyx servers can
host many virtual sites at the same time, all on the same IP address.

Domain records require a minimum of two name server records, and the easiest
way to keep these synchronized is having one dns server a primary server, and a
second as a secondary server pulling the zone file from the primary.