Hi all,

I just published YUM updates to the 5209R 'BlueOnyx-Testing' YUM
repository and invite you to test them out.

This repository is usually turned off, but can be enabled here:

/etc/yum.repos.d/BlueOnyx.repo

What does the update do?
=========================

The detailed documentation can be found here:

https://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=5209r-nginx-ssl-proxy

Once installed, everything will be working as before, but you will have
the option to enable Nginx as SSL proxy. In that case Apache will stop
serving HTTPS and instead Nginx will be used as SSL Proxy.

Benefits:
==========

- HTTP/2 support via TLS/SSL
- HSTS on a per Vsite basis (*)
- OpenSSL-1.1.0h
- All ciphers available that a stock OpenSSL-1.1.0h provides
- Ability to customize protocols and ciphers via config file edit

(*) Please note: HSTS via Nginx alone has a catch. This is outlined in
the documentation.

HTTP/2 is a major revision of the HTTP network protocol and allows the
server to supply data it knows a web browser will need to render a web
page, without waiting for the browser to examine the first response.
Thus HTTP/2 generally serves webpages much faster than HTTP/1.1.

After a week in testing I would like to move this updates to the regular
5209R YUM repository. If you can, please give it a try and let me know
of any issues you might find, although I'm fairly certain this update is
good enough for productive usage right away.

--
With best regards

Michael Stauber