Bit of a noob question here ... ☹

We have a client that needs to run some PHP scripts regularly using cron.
The scripts run fine from their website using a browser.

Unfortunately when I try and run them from the CLI I get open_basedir errors
amongst other things.

Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect.
File(/home/.sites/28/site1/web/global-includes/db.php) is not within the
allowed path(s):
(/tmp/:/usr/sausalito/configs/php/:/usr/share/pear:/var/lib/php/session/) in
/home/.sites/28/site1/web/process1/crons/ajax_check_boms.php on line 8

The script runs fine through apache - so open_basedir settings allow it, but
how do I get this to run from the CLI.
Presume this is because it is not being run from within the site?
Add path to server php.ini?

Slightly out of my depth here.

Thanks

Colin