Hi Michael,
On 9/19/2018 2:03 AM, Michael Aronoff wrote:
I happened to see one of the videos yesterday and had no idea they were of a Virtbiz data center at first. I laughed so hard when I found out that I had been watching the back of the building where my servers are located. I had never seen the building until now.

Yup, that's our place. As you can see there is not a lot of parking available at our building, and as we are in an urban area (downtown Dallas) parking can sometimes come at a premium. We cannot take the risk that our parking spots get filled up with "bandits", thus preventing our customers or technicians from having a place to park.

Imagine you're a colocation customer with servers housed in the facility and you need to access them in an emergency in the middle of the night. Now imagine that you pull up to the building and there is no place for you to park. You would not be pleased. We have a duty to our customers to ensure our service is available at all times, whether that be routers, electricity, or a place to park.

It wasn't until we saw footage of a car getting picked up sideways that we posted the first video to share with a handful of people. It was never really intended to "go viral."

They also show a very nice large Cat generator out back. J

Ah yes! Big Jenny. She just got her quarterly PM and tune-up yesterday, as a matter of fact. There is also a roll-up dock door by the generator. Our techs are instructed to pay particular attention to keeping that space clear since it will need to be available in the event we need to take a delivery (some move-ins happen after-hours) or call for a re-fuel for the generator.

So thanks Chris for the laugh on top of the great service.

I'm glad you got a grin. I think it's funny to get a little "slice of life".

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services