Hi Meaulnes,

> Unfortunately, the users _are_ banned but the e-mails are still pouring
> in and the mailbox growing... The sender doesn't get an error message, I
> tried it out.

I just checked and there is indeed something wrong with this on 5209R.

When an account is suspended a few things happen:

- /usr/sbin/usermod -L <username> is used to lock the account.
- The password-hash of the user gets prefixed with ! to disable logins.
- Email forwarding/autoresponder are turned off.

There is another step supposed to be happening and that is to chmod the
users home directory to remove *all* permissions, effectively turning it
either into "rwx------" or "---------" (I don't recall which one
exactly), which would also entirely disable the delivery of incoming
emails. Sendmail/Procmail would then bounce them with the message "Can't
create output ...", because it lost the ability to write to the mbox
file due to the changed permissions of the users home directory, which
then creates the bounce.

However: *That* change of permission isn't happening. I'll have to check
SVN to see what happened there and if it only affects 5209R or older
builds of BlueOnyx as well.

I'll publish a fix for it on Monday afternoon.

--
With best regards

Michael Stauber