Hi Michael,

> https://www.blueonyx.it/easy-migrate

Yes, I have already tried. Great tool!

I created a similar perl script at $work many years ago to move vsites
between bluequartz.

> I'll try to have that ready for you within the next 1-2 days. I wanted
> to do an updated 5209R ISO anyway as the last one is from March this year.

Oh my god! I'm so happy I could cry!

However, I have begun to put together a procedure manual, verifying it
based on manual-install and bhyve.

I appreciate it, but I think I can handle it on my own.

> Over the years the differences between CD install and manual install via
> YUM have shrunk considerably. The 5209R CD install still has that one
> extra-RPM called "blueonyx-cd-installer", which traditionally had some
> extra first-run scripts that are executed once at the end of the ISO
> install. These steps by now have been merged into initServices.sh.
>
> The "blueonyx-cd-installer" use to have the /root/network_settings.sh
> and some related files, but these bits and pieces have since long been
> merged into the mandatory RPM base-blueonyx-*.
>
> 5210R dropped the "blueonyx-cd-installer" RPM entirely, as all pre- and
> post-install procedures are now merged into BlueOnyx itself. The only
> things you need to manually do on a CentOS 7 or CentOS 8 before and
> after you YUM-install are outlined in the install instructions:
>
> https://www.blueonyx.it/5210r-manual-install
> https://www.blueonyx.it/5209r-manual-install

It seemed to go in a good direction.

Furthermore, if `reboot` becomes `systemctl restart`, would it be
possible to make a dockerfile in the future...

FROM centos:7
rpm -hUv http://devel.blueonyx.it/pub/5209R.rpm
yum groupinstall blueonyx
/usr/sausalito/scripts/initServices.sh

I think that the verification work and reproducibility will be greatly improved.

Many thanks,