Hi Larry,

Have an email in secondary MX server queue
addressed to a user on a 5210R blueonyx box
with AV-SPAM.  I can see nothing under the GEOIP
settings regarding .mil tld's

Yeah, Milter-GeoIP only blocks based on the IP address range, the GeoIP location of the sender or the national TLD of the sender.

Domains with extensions that aren't listed will not be matched by the filter for "Block national TLDs". They will be ignored by that, but may possibly be blocked by the GeoIP lookup or the IP address ban list.

> and the message is being rejected with:> dsn=4.3.2, status=deferred (host srv.domain.com [AA.BB.CC.DD]
said: 451 4.3.2 Please try again later (in reply to RCPT TO command))

and at the blueonyx box:

Milter: to=<u...@domain.com>, reject=451 4.3.2 Please try again later
Milter (milter-geoip): write(A) returned -1, expected 5: Broken pipe
Milter (milter-geoip): to error state

That happens when Milter-GeoIP crashes. A restart of it (or during the next "Active Monitor" run) it'll be fixed again.

--
With best regards

Michael Stauber