From: Blueonyx <blueonyx-boun...@mail.blueonyx.it> on behalf of Juerg Sommer
<jsom...@emailto.ch>
Date: Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 21:43
To: "blueonyx@mail.blueonyx.it" <blueonyx@mail.blueonyx.it>
Subject: [BlueOnyx:26055] Re: PDFparser

Hi Colin

What do you want to do with PDFs? As far as I know, BlueOnyx has no implemented
pdf parser. But I have many experience with pdf-parsing with php. Take a look
at FPDF or TCPDF. Also the packages "poppler-utils" has some useful binaries
(ex. pdftotext to extract text from a pdf file) and ghostscript can be used to
convert a pdf to a jpg or pdf file (can also be do with imagick, but
ghostscript is much faster and better). binaries must be called with exec() or
system().

I think for BlueOnyx pdf-parsing is off topic, but If you give more
informations, I can maybe give you some tips. You can also contact me directly
by mail if you want.

Regards,
Juerg

PS: pdf components needs updated php. The built-in pdf 5.6 in 5209R is too old
(and for security reasons anyway a bad idea), so I hope you have php updated to
at least php 7.2